Thursday, April 18, 2013

What's past is past

I could write a variety of different things under this topic, honestly. Heartbreaks, old friends, childhood memories, that cat i got rid of because someone had an allergy, the music i used to listen to, going to the zoo for the first time, experiencing the ache of my first funeral, etc.

Literally, i could write about anything and I'm just not so sure. So maybe I'll just write about the past in general.

The situations, and moments you've encountered in your past have made you who you are at this very moment. I've been taken for granted in the past, so I've gained independence. I've made a handful of choices and i don't regret a single one. Every person who did me wrong, has just made me that much stronger in the present. Like for example- Swinging on the swings in elementary school helped me realize that the littlest things in life can make you feel invincible; even if it's for a short amount of time. High school overall has made me realize that the people who i was best friends with, and knew so well- those people change over time, everybody does. For better or for worse, people are going to change. And the only thing you can do is hold your ground, know where you've been in the past and accept the fact that everything happens for a reason. I find that I'm more mature than majority of the people i surround myself with and it's kind of a struggle. Things that have happened in the past, have helped me learn and to grow and to learn to accept the things i think i deserve. And the same goes for you, as well. You should want the best for yourself, and don't hold a grudge on yourself for past experiences. Higher your standards, and keep growing, keep learning. We all only have one life. (Our society has over used "YOLO" to an annoying large amount... hahahaha) 

No comments:

Post a Comment